Our Terms and Conditions
These Terms & Conditions are applicable for all bookings made with Mikumba Diving. Please ensure you read them carefully.
To download a copy as a PDF please click here.
Insurance is recommended on all our trips but it is mandatory on our liveaboard trips, and not included within your trip price.
Guests must have their own travel insurance, personal dive insurance and trip cancellation insurance with no exclusions for Acts of God and Force Majeure events. You will not be permitted to join our liveaboard trips without presenting insurance information when you check in.
For diver insurance please make sure that it covers you for the depth of your certification and for dive accident cover including recompression treatment.
We can provide short term DAN insurance at an additional cost. Please ask at time of booking if you would like this.
Here is a list of travel insurance operators and links to their websites in order to find the right cover for you:
DAN – Divers Alert Network – Dive Accident Insurance, Dive Trip Insurance and Dive Equipment Insurance for Worldwide cover please visit your regional pages.
World Nomads Insurance – Lonely Planets trusted travel insurance providers for diver and travel insurance.
Please ensure you have a copy of your most recent certification card and dive log with you for when you check in. Failure to show your certification may result in not being able to dive on the trip.
National Park Fees
Park fees are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the relevant authorities. Please make sure you are aware of all fees prior to making your booking. See individual package for details as Komodo and Raja Ampat have different systems in place. All park fees must be paid in IDR cash, foreign currencies are not accepted.
We will try not to pass any increases in fuel prices on to you but may need to apply a fuel surcharge if there is a significant rise in prices.
Liability Release Forms
If taking one of our PADI courses you will need to complete a medical statement before you can start. Please bring any medical conditions to the attention of management when you check in, or when emailing us for information, and produce a doctor’s medical clearance for diving upon arrival. You can see the medical statement here.
- 30% Deposit required at time of booking to secure your place
- Remaining balance required 30 days prior to departure
- Remaining balance for group bookings and charters required 90 days prior to departure
- Bookings received less than 30 days before departure require payment in full
- Special Offers & Packages require payment in full at time of booking
- If final balance is not received by the time specified within your booking confirmation receipt, Mikumba Diving has the right to cancel the booking and resell the spaces with no return of deposit
- Cancellations can only be made by email to email@example.com
- No cancellations accepted by telephone/WhatsApp
- Cancellations received within 30 days of booking will be refunded minus the deposit and bank fees and admin charge (unless within 3 months before departure date)
- Cancellations 30 days or more before your trip date, we will return your payment less the deposit and any bank charges incurred by us (apart from group bookings/charters)
- Cancellations less than 30 days before your trip date, we retain the right to keep any payments in compensation for potential lost bookings
- Cancellations/changes of group bookings and charters can be made no less than 90 days prior to departure
- Payments are accepted by cash, secure online payment or direct bank transfer. Full payment details will be provided with final booking confirmation
- Secure online payment charges of 3.5% apply
- All bank charges to be paid by the remitter
Mikumba Diving reserves the right to rearrange the order of any itinerary, to cancel or substitute elements of any plan without notice when local conditions force such changes. Each liveaboard is operated on minimum number of guests per boat. In the event that the minimum number of guests is not attained, you may be rebooked or transferred on to another liveaboard of the same standard and with our guides.
The guest acknowledges that Mikumba Diving will not be responsible or become liable in contract or tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay to person or property, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any Service Provider or by Force Majeure or other events beyond our control, including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, pilferage, delays, severe weather, Acts of God, Acts of Government, accidents to or failure of machinery, equipment, vehicles or industrial disputes, and global pandemics.
Mikumba Diving promises not to sell or provide your information for marketing purposes.
If you have any urgent questions then please send us a WhatsApp message using the button below.
Opening hours are 8am-8pm Bali time (GMT+8). If you message us outside these times we will respond as soon as possible the next day.